August 12th – 16th 2020
- A highlight of AIMS: The Festival Orchestra.
- From August 12th to 16th winds and strings will join to make great music.
- Prestigious conductor Riccardo Frizza will rehearse and perform Beethoven’s Coriolan Overture and first symphony, Vaughan Williams “The Lark Ascending” with Simone Zgraggen as a soloist and also accompany our Concerto- Competition winner.
- Two concerts are planned for August 15th and 16th.
- This is your opportunity to perform with the Festival Orchestra conducted by maestro Riccardo Frizza.
- Participation in the orchestra is mandatory. The AIMS faculty will select the orchestra members.
This is your opportunity to perform as a soloist with the AIMS Festival Orchestra
Terms and conditions:
- All students of the 2020 AIMS Academy are eligible to participate.
- The Concerto-Competition will take place in the Theatre of Solsona on August 12th 2020 at 16.00.
- The jury will vote for only one winner.
- Participants must present an original work from the baroque, classical or early romantic period, written for solo instrument and classical symphony orchestra (strings, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, French horn, trumpet, timpani).
- The AIMS Foundation reserves the right to refuse applications which don’t accomplish these criteria.
- Participants must provide piano reduction score and one full set of the orchestra scores (full score and parts).
- The president of the AIMS Foundation, maestro Frizza and members of the AIMS faculty will form the jury.
- The decisions of the jury will be irrevocable.