AIMS Wind Academy
- Individual master classes for flute
- Audition training
- Lessons of introduction to circular breathing technique
- Opportunities to perform on stage as a soloist or in chamber groups
- Chance to enter the AIMS Concerto-Competition
- Selected students will experience the Festival Orchestra with maestro Riccardo Frizza
Leonid Grudin studied flute with Prof. Jean-Michel Tanguy at the Staatliche Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Mannheim from 1990 to 1995 completing his studies with a degree as an orchestra musician. In 1998, he obtained the degree in “Artistic Education” and in 2001 in “Concert Exam” with Prof. Maxence Larrieu.
During and after his studies he played as a solo flutist or solo piccolo in various orchestras such as the Heidelberg Symphony Orchestra, the Radio Orchestra of the Südwestfunk, and the Orchestra of the Saarländischer Rundfunk.
From 2002 to 2006, he was the solo piccolo flute with the Deutsche Staatsoper and from 2007 to 2013 solo piccolo and flutist with the Berliner Philharmoniker. Since 2014, he performs as a soloist with various orchestras in Germany and abroad.
Since 2016/17, Leonid Grudin has been working as a flute professor at the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Berlin.