Dear students, dear AIMS friends,
As a new Artistic Director of the AIMS Wind Academy, I am writing to you to introduce myself and to welcome you to the very special 20th edition of AIMS.
I feel honored and grateful to the AIMS Foundation for the appointment, which I have accepted with a spirit of responsibility and commitment to help anybody who joins us to continue to enjoy an inspiring musical and human experience to the fullest. I know that in this task I will not be alone: we have an experienced organizing team that facilitates the day-to-day life of both the students and the extraordinary group of guest artists who have been linked to AIMS during these twenty years of history, and we can count on a citizenry committed to the Festival that gives warmth to the musicians during all the programmed activities, not only in Solsona but throughout its beautiful region.
Summer is, for musicians, a time of interaction and openness. AIMS invites us, after the demanding academic year, to work at the highest possible level and experience what we love most, in a relaxed and truly international environment. I encourage you to join us in 2021 to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We offer masterclasses, rehearsals, concerts and shared moments and hope to achieve an unforgettable time for everyone.
Aware of the unpredictable situation we are experiencing with the pandemic, AIMS is committed to a full reimbursement if circumstances force students, teachers to cancel their participation.
Secure your place at AIMS now!
See you in Solsona!
José Luis Estellés
Artistic Director of the AIMS Wind Academy
General information for the AIMS Wind Academy 2021
- You may choose between two options to participate at the AIMS Wind Academy 2021.
Option A: as a student of the individual masterclasses offered: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, French Horn.
Option B: as a student of the chamber music course. This option is meant to be for already formed groups/ensembles of minimum three members (trio d’anches, quartets, quintets, octets, mixed ensembles, etc.).
- AIMS is a top-level academy with 19 years’ experience.
- AIMS is your chance to meet your future teacher and to live a unique experience with other young talents from all over the world in a stimulating environment (up to 25 nationalities!).
- AIMS Festival concerts will offer you numerous opportunities to perform on stage as a soloist or in chamber groups.
- You will receive master classes from a faculty drawn from leading opera houses and renowned music schools.
- You will be coached and will rehearse by our highly experienced pianists accompanists.
- You will play chamber music.
- You will receive specific audition training classes.
- You will have reed making workshops (oboe, bassoon).
- You will get an introduction to circular breathing technique (flute, oboe, bassoon).
- Selected students will experience the Festival Orchestra with maestro Riccardo Frizza.
- You will arrive on August 16th before 15:00 and leave on August 23th in the morning. Selected students who play in the Orchestra will already arrive on August 10th. They will be selected beforehand and have no extra costs for additional days.
- Accommodation, breakfast, lunch, transportation and entrance fees to AIMS Festival concerts are included.
- See more in our FAQs.
AIMS is like a big music family. It is very intense, with lots of fun and chances to present yourself. Once you get there, you wanna come back every summer.
One of the most intense days, busy and super fun with the best group of boys and teachers. I cannot recommend it enough because it fascinated me.